Blog Description

A collection of letters from our favorite missionary. This blog is compiled by his sister and is made up of pictures and images sent to the fam.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November 22, 2009 E-mail

Well this week was pretty good. I walked and walked and walked and I still haven't lost a single pound, but maybe this next week will drop some jiggle around the middle.

We had one Investigator who I contacted one day as an unplanned contact. He was playing rugby out in the street and I had him pass me the ball then kept his ball while I talked to him and set up an appointment and it has gone good since then. Sunday we picked him up and walked together to church. His name is Vilikesa. He is great and is very quiet so I don't think he is paying attention and then he asks awesome questions! I have high hopes for him.

We also had a less active family who we have been teaching for the past three months come to church for the first time in years. She is awesome! her name is Usenia. Her husband is kind of a punk when we bring up gospel topics, but we have a lot of fun just talking with him and cracking jokes. They have three older children who have not been baptized yet so I hope we can get the whole family activated and baptize the older ones.

We still don't have a ward mission leader, but a return missionary from this mission who just finished a couple months ago just moved into our ward, so I am hoping we can get him called as a ward mission leader. He is great and knows missionary work so I think he would be good.

The elders' families who stayed with you were very excited. They heard from their sons and said they loved it and were so very grateful for your love to them.

I don't remember if anyone remembers Jone from Wailoku who me and Elder Smiler found and taught, but he was baptized and it was awesome. I was really excited and I had a good talk with him. He told me how grateful he was for the gospel. It was great.

I got a letter from Miti in Rakiraki and he said to tell you all how grateful he is for you sending me to him. He said he has never met you but to tell you all that he loves you anyways. It was so great to hear from him and hear how strong his testimony is and how much it has grown. I miss Rakiraki and all the people there. I love Tamavua though and I am gonna miss everyone here when I leave.

Well that is my week. I hope all you had a great week and have another one this week. Eat lots of Turkey for me and have a great Thanksgiving. I will be here walking the streets drenched in sweat ( its hotter then crap here again ).

Loloma Levu,
Elda Lalaga

No comments: