Blog Description

A collection of letters from our favorite missionary. This blog is compiled by his sister and is made up of pictures and images sent to the fam.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

November 14, 2010 - Mobster to Mormon?

Well this week was really good. I spent the week with Elder Cooper in Kadavu and it was really great. Everyone was so excited to see me again and it was like I never left. We just went right back to how things were when I left. It was so nice to see the people I love so much again!

I was a little disappointed in the progress in the Branch; not much has happened with the Branch since I left. They haven't had a single activity since I left. So I talked with the Elders there and hopefully they will get things working with the branch. I think they haven't focused too much on the branch work so it has suffered a little bit. Elder Cooper is great though and I had four days to drill my ideas into him so hopefully he can take a few of them and get things progressing again. But it was so nice to be back it felt like I was back home again. I love Kadavu so much!

Ratu Lasarusa and Bulou Rogo, the chief I baptized right before I left, is so strong. He is awesome. They are doing so so well and I am so happy for them. It was really great to be back again. I love all the families there so much!

Then on Saturday, I went from Kadavu to Viti Levu, then straight to Savusavu and then today we just took the boat to Taveuni. So I did a lot of traveling this weekend. It is really good to be back in Taveuni as well. I am excited to go and see some of the old people I loved here too. Elder Allen and Elder Tupou are my companions here. It has been good so far. We came to Taveuni to do a training for a new district leader. It will be good.

This week was good and it was so great to go to Kadavu. It was good to go back and see that I truly did serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength on that little island and all the people love and remember me for it. I had some very sweet reunions with the branch members and some investigators as well. It was so awesome.

One quick cool story:
This man named Save is a straight-up hustler. He is like the mobster of Kadavu. We used to always sit down and talk to him. I always just did it because I thought he was a cool guy. Anyway the elders have been teaching him and he testified to me that the Book of Mormon is true. It was incredible to hear that from a man I never ever would have guessed would say that! I hope he continues progressing and changing. I think that if he gets baptized, President Monson is going to have to do the interview. But that is the power of the gospel and the conversion power of the Book of Mormon.

This week we also have two greenies we were taking to their areas. It was fun to see their wide eyed enthusiasm and to know what they have ahead of them. Boy do they have a lot to learn, but it will be so great for them. Well I think that is about it for this week. I love you all. See you soon.

Love,
Elder Wall

No comments: