Blog Description

A collection of letters from our favorite missionary. This blog is compiled by his sister and is made up of pictures and images sent to the fam.

Monday, August 16, 2010

August 8, 2010 - Bearded and Loving it!

Well this week was really good. It was busy though. The Zone Leaders Elder Munton and Elder Allen came down for a visit. It was really good. I like them both; they are great. We had two baptismal interviews for Vili and Diki. They both passed, so I was really happy about that.

Best news though, is I have a full on beard and I LOVE it. I got a fungal infection on my neck that gets really bad if I shave. So this entire week I didn't have to shave once. I am loving it. How many people can say they grew a beard on their mission? I can. Ha ha. It is almost gone though, so if I keep on the pills and cream I should be shaving in a couple more days. Too bad. But I guess that is what is gonna happen.

We also have an awesome investigator Doli, who will be baptized next week. She is golden and asks the best questions ever! She just really applies and thinks about all that we teach her. I have really connected with her and really feel like I always know her concerns and know exactly what to say and how to answer her questions. It is awesome! I love the lessons we have with her. She is doing so good. She is going to be baptized on the 21st. Then on the 24th, she is going with the branch to Suva for a temple trip to do baptisms for the dead. She is going to love it. I am so stoked for her!

Vili will be baptized this Saturday and he is excited and ready. He was really shy and didn't talk much during his interview, so he barely passed. But he is great with me and not afraid to talk. Really good kid. His brother is preparing his mission papers and is so excited to see another member of his family join the church.

The attendance in Matei is really great and the Branch is progressing, we just have a few more issues to work out with members and their relationships, but we are definitely progressing.

We have been really busy in Qeleni and haven't spent much time there. We don't know the investigators there either, so it is hard. Hopefully we can spend some time there and get some work done on that side of the island. The Branch President there does an awesome job and is really keeping things together, so that is really cool to see.
This week, we're going to go spend a day in Rabi. It will be awesome! The auditor will be going over to audit the branch's financials, so we will go with him and teach while he does the audit, then come back. I am really excited!

We will be finishing the last lesson with Iotene so next time we go he can be interviewed and be baptized. He is a great kid. I really like him! So this week should be good.

Well all is well here and I am having a good time and working hard, so I can't ask for too much more. I hope all is going well back home and I miss you all. You are always in my prayers. Have a great week. I will do the same.


Love,
Elder Wall

No comments: